Interested in working with Rumor Designs? We are now hiring an interior designer to join our design team! We are a small interior design firm offering competitive wages and benefits.
This person is an integral part of the team, as they are responsible for the physical and visible design presentations from concept to permit. This person is self-motivated, methodical and highly organized. With a minimum 2 years of construction technical work experience preferred, this person will help develop the digital look and feel of our in-house documents and drawing standards going forward. We strive to continually improve and clarify our drawings over time to maximize communication between clients and the trades. This position is mostly in the office, however site visits will be required from time to time. Continuing education is encouraged and financially supported by Rumor Design when deemed appropriate and relevant.
• Able to “Lead and Follow” in a collaborative environment.
• Commitment to Outstanding Design Solutions and Exceptional Client Service
• Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
• Possess an all-star attitude, and naturally elevate the spirits of people around you
• Exceptionally organized with a fanatic attention to detail – nothing slips past you!
• Love the challenge of solving complex problems within constraints (space, time, budget)
• Ability to efficiently manage project hours
• A quick thinker who can adapt and rapidly shift gears as needed
• Have an excellent work ethic and only turn off the lights when a job is done
• Love to learn and can practically teach yourself how to do anything
• Working from hand drawings or rough sketch-up or CAD files to develop fully comprehensive documents.
• Comprehensive understanding and technical operation of one or more of the following; Revit, AutoCAD. Auto CADLt, Sketch Up. Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator or In-Design, and any rendering activities is helpful but not required.
• Ability to produce and understand requirements for technical documents and files that need to be submitted to planning department for permitting of remodels and/or minor additions.
• Ability to meet deadlines established by clients and project managers. Ability to work with space planning, finish materials, and communicate selections to clients through mood boards and visual aids.
• Understanding project needs, working with vendors, subcontractors and clients, asking questions to clarify or improve communication.
• Hourly tracking and client billing is required, training provided.
• Responsibilities may evolve as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
3-5 years contract design experience
Proven technical ability (AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp or other 3D rendering software)
Experience in 20-20 Designer and Podium preferred, but not required
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently in a team environment
Detail orientated with excellent organizational skills