Interested in working with Rumor Designs? We are now hiring a technical designer to join our design team! We are a small interior design firm offering competitive wages and a flexible work environment.
Seeking a technical designer with graphic design experience. Job responsibilities include design development, space planning, product application/creative solutions, detailed specifications, renderings and accurate installation drawings.
Taking the time to understand clients’ needs and suggest appropriate and cost effective product applications to achieve their goals. Successful applicants will have working knowledge of the home building/interior design business.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Producing floor plans, elevations, and detail drawings.
Producing presentation drawings for manager and client approvals.
Keeping detailed records of project status.
Product research and data entry.
Misc. assistance with day to day design work, including installation, etc.
Rumor Team Requirements
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data. Detail oriented, uses good judgment and experience to complement data.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflicts, maintains confidentiality, listens to others and keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork - Balances team/individual responsibilities, exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit with the ability to build employee morale.
- Work Ethics - Treats employees with respect and inspires the trust of others and works with integrity.
- Organized - Prioritizes and plans work effectively. Uses time efficiently, sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration. Accepts responsibility for their own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Attendance - Is consistently at work on time and ensures that work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Desired Skills & Experience
3-5 years contract design experience
Proven technical ability (AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp or other 3D rendering software)
Experience in 20-20 Designer and Podium preferred, but not required
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently in a team environment
Detail orientated with excellent organizational skills
Cover Letter + Resume + Portfolio